AndroidTV Hardware Information
What devices does this include?
AndroidTV box, AndroidTV
See our hardware page for a list of all recommended devices.
What are the advantages of these devices?
What are the disadvantages of these devices?
- Reliability and quality can vary widely
- Depending on the device, may not be able to launch directly into TelemetryTV
What software is required to run TelemetryTV on these devices?
Android 8.0 or later
Android Software Setup
Follow this step-by-step guide to set up TelemetryTV on your Android device.
1. Ensure your device is running Android 8.0 or higher
- Connect your device to the internet
- Follow these steps to check for updates on your device.
2. Download the TelemetryTV Media Player App to your device from the Google Play Store
3. Set it as the Home App
- After installing our app, hit the home button. It should ask to set as home app "just this once" or "always." Select Always.
- If the above does not occur, you can apply this setting under Settings > Apps
4. Pairing the device to your TelemetryTV account
- Turn on your device
- Once the TelemetryTV media player is running, a pairing code will appear. On the TelemetryTV web app, navigate to the "Devices" page, click the "Pair" button, and type in the pairing code.