Below are the steps that one should follow in order to set up SSO with TelemetryTV. This tutorial will be focusing on using Auth0 (https://auth0.com/) as the third party OAuth service.
Follow these steps:
- Create/Login into https://app.telemetrytv.com. This will be your Admin Account and only for the Administrator to use.
- In the top left corner, click on the down-pointing arrow and navigate to Settings, then Team Login - “Enable Team Login”.
- Once enabled you should see a screen as shown in Image 1.
- Click on the Auth0 link, which will take you to https://auth0.com/ to create an account.
- Once your Auth0 account is setup, you should see a screen similar to Image 3.
- Navigate to: Connections/Social and activate Google. For this tutorial we will be using Google OAuth as our connection - see Image 4.
- Click on the Google logo to go to the Google OAuth Settings page. The two most important fields to include are Client ID and Client Secret. Follow the Auth0 guide ("How to obtain a Client ID?") to obtain a Client ID and Client Secret. See Image 5.
- Next, you need to setup a Client within Auth0. Again, please follow the Auth0 guide for best results.
- Once you are done setting up your Client, head back to your TelemetryTV Admin Account to complete the SSO setup.
TIP: Make sure to "whitelist" your Callback URL, including your Auth0 "Client ID" as a URL parameter, by entering it into the: "Allowed Callback URLs" input field.
Callback URL Sample: https://user-api.telemetrytv.com/oauth_callback?client_id=YOUR-AUTH0-CLIENT-ID
- You need to enter the following information obtained from the Auth0 Client Settings page: Client ID, Client Secret, Auth URL, Token URL, User Info URL. Leave the Login page URL field blank.
TIP: To obtain the Auth URL, Token URL, and User Info URL, you need to click on the "Show Advanced Settings" at the bottom of the Client Settings screen and navigate to "Endpoints".
- Once you have correctly setup SSO in your TelemetryTV Admin Account, you can test this by entering your Team Login URL into a browser and you should be redirected to Auth0 to authenticate with a Google account. See Image 7.
- Upon successful login, you will be redirected the Home Page of the Team Login Account. See Image 8.