Scheduling playlists or playlist pages allows you to create time-specific or day-specific content.
Need to display a closure message at a certain time? Want to show different menu items on different days of the week? The scheduling feature lets you customize your playlists to play what you want, when you want.
Scheduling a playlist page:
You may have one page in a playlist that you would only like to display during a certain time. For example, you only want to display Monday's lunch menu on Monday from 10:00AM - 2:00PM.
- Select the page you would like to schedule.
- Open the "scheduling" tab on the upper toolbar.
- Select the options you would like for this page.
Voilà! You've scheduled your page.
- "Days enabled" means the page can only be played on selected days of the week.
- "Hours enabled" allows you to set a specific time frame during which you'd like the page played.
- You also have the option to select "start and end dates" if you only want the page to play during a certain date period.
- "Show every" allows you to set a minimum time between showing this page. For example, if you set this for 5 minutes and your playlist cycles through in 3 minutes, it will skip this page until 5 minutes has passed.
If nothing is selected, the playlist page will play as normal.
💡 Pro tip: To easily check which pages are scheduled and which are not, look for the calendar or clock icon on your page when scrolling through your page menu. Calendar = day-specific; clock = time-specific.
Scheduling multiple pages OR an entire playlist:
To schedule multiple pages, or an entire playlist, you will use the same scheduling tab.
- Select all of the pages you would like to schedule by holding down
command/ctrl(Mac/Windows) and clicking on each one. To easily select the entire playlist, select the first page, hold
shift, scroll down and click the very last page.
- Make sure the toolbar reads "Multiple Pages," then open the scheduling tab.
- Select your desired scheduling options.
💡 Pro tip: To avoid the "Pages Filtered" message on your screen when you schedule an entire playlist, set one playlist page to "Default Page." This will ensure something is always visible. You can also avoid this message by ensuring all days of the week and hours are accounted for with your scheduling options.