TelemetryTV has a Windows 10 App available on the Windows app store. This application allows you to turn any compatible Windows computer in to a digital signage player.
What devices does this include?
Intel NUC, Mini PC, Video Wall Intel NUC, + more.
See our hardware page for a list of all recommended devices.
What are the advantages of using Windows with these devices?
- Easy to set up
- Widely available and customizable
- Recommended for setting up video walls
What are the disadvantages of using Windows with these devices?
- Not ideal for deploying at scale
Setting up TelemetryTV on Windows 10
We've put together a checklist to help you set up the TelemetryTV UWP app on your device:
1. Ensure the latest Windows 10
- TelemetryTV requires the Fall 2018 release of Windows 10 or greater to work (build version 1809).
- To check your version:
- Go to Start > Settings > System > About
- Scroll down to Windows specifications, and check the number next to "Version".
- If you're out of date, we've found that the best way to get to the Fall 2018 release of Windows 10 is to download and run the Windows Update Assistant.
2. Set up a New User Account and Auto-Login
While optional, it is highly recommended to create a non-admin user account and turn on auto-login in order to make Telemetry boot seamlessly after a restart.
- In the start menu, search for 'netplwiz' and run the command
- Select 'Add'
- Select "Sign in without a Microsoft account"
- Choose "Local account"
- Enter a name for the new account.
Hit finish, then set we'll enable auto-login.
- Uncheck the check box that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer", then hit ok.
- Enter the information for your newly created account, then hit ok.
This new user will now automatically login every time Windows boots up! The next step is to install the TelemetryTV app.
3. Install the TelemetryTV App
- Login as your newly created user.
- Go to the Windows 10 app store and download the TelemetryTV app. You can find the application on the store page or search for "TelemetryTV."
Note: If you do not have access to the windows store you can access a link to download our software below
4. Pairing the device to your TelemetryTV account
- Turn on your device
- Once the TelemetryTV media player is running, a pairing code will appear. On the TelemetryTV web app, navigate to the "Devices" page, click the "Pair" button, and type in the pairing code.
Congratulations! 🎉You've completed the steps to set up TelemetryTV with your Windows 10 device. Next, learn more about device management with this video.
Advanced Windows 10 Information
Managing Updates in Windows 10
We do not recommend pausing updates for a long period of time on Windows to ensure you get important updates. If you are worried about updates affecting your digital signage viewing experience, we recommend pausing updates for a reasonable time (e.g. a month), and setting updates to take place after hours to minimize disruption.
Read more about Managing Updates on Windows 10.
In order to deploy a video wall on Windows 10 with TelemetryTV you'll need to ensure that you have hardware and drivers that support combining all the displays in to a single display. We have tested TelemetryTV with AMD's Eyefinity and Intel's Collage drivers and suggest them as the best solutions for deploying a video wall.
Read Intel's instructions on enabling Collage Display for video walls.
More on video walls here.