The devices page illustrates a number of attributes about your devices paired or provisioned to your account.
Columns (Left to Right)
- Online (Green) / Offline (Grey or Red)
- Name: Device Name
- Uptime%: percentage of time your device is up and running over the last 30 days
- Uptime: Consecutive time your device has been online.
- Reconnects: Number of time the device has reconnected to the network
- Err Msgs: Number of error messages displayed for that device (you can see the error details by searching the in the logs tab with the keyword "error")
- CPU: % of device CPU occupied during playback
- Mem: % of device memory occupied during playback
- Cache: % of server cache storage allotted to that device that's been filled
If you see a caution triangle icon instead of a percentage, this means your device has had to reconnect >500 times in the last 30 days.
To the left of the devices dashboard is a menu containing four different tabs which show more detailed device information, including device stats, logs, and playback records.
The Settings tab show a variety of information about your device:
- Playlists: Lists the playlists currently paired to the device, including the option to edit these
- Description: device description
- Location device location
- Organization: which organization the device belongs to (learn more about device organization)
- Language: the device language, either 'Account Default,' or specific to that device
- Log Level: detail level of the logs generated for the device. There are four different levels: Debug, Info, Alert/Warning, and Error. These will be further described in the Logs section below.
- Tags: descriptors used to identify devices quickly when searching
- Notify on Offline: turn this on to receive email notifications when the device goes offline.
- Notify on Play Failure: turn this on to receive an email notification if the device does not play the next page within 60 seconds
- Environmental Variables: allows for selective playlist page display (learn more about environmental variables here)
The info tab provides detailed information about the device:
- Device ID: a unique identifier generated by our system
- Connection Count: shows how many times the device has connected to the websocket server
- Versions: Displays information about the operating system, and TelemetryTV App version being used on that device
- Stats: displays a variety of information, including the playback aspect ratio, CPU and network data, and total memory available on the device
From the "Logs" tab, you may view a recent history of your device's offline/online status. A caution triangle icon signifies an offline event, while an info circle icon signifies an online event.
Log entries stay saved in our database for 30 days.
You can click on individual log entries to see more details about the event:
The Severity will correspond to one of the four log categories described above; Debug, Info, Alert/Warning, and Error. Logs can be searched on the basis of these categories using the search magnifying glass on the lower left:
From the "Playbacks" tab, you can see a record of when each piece of content has been successfully played on the device, as well as the playlist it's a part of.
Playback log entries stay saved in our database for 30 days.