The Playlist Publishing feature allows you to decide who can and cannot publish a playlist.
This feature is great for accounts with many users where an administrator would like to oversee content before it is published.
Activating Playlist Publishing
- Navigate to Settings from the left-hand toolbar
- Select "Playlist Publishing"
- Toggle "Enable Playlist Draft and Publishing" on to activate this feature
- Enter an email address into ' Playlist Draft Notification Email' field to get email alerts when playlist changes and needs approval.
- Click the drop-down user menu on the top right of the page, and select "Groups"
- On the top left, you will see a drop-down menu of your user groups beside the TelemetryTV logo. Click this and select the group whose permissions you'd like to edit.
- In the group permissions list, you can toggle "Publish Playlists" on or off depending on what permission you'd like to give this group.
☝️Learn more about user groups here.
Publishing your Playlist
When this feature is enabled, playlist changes will be saved as draft, the user can then click 'send a publish request' to be reviewed and approved. An email alert will be sent to the designated 'playlist approver' with a link to that respective playlist.
The playlist will be published only after the "Publish" button from the Playlist page is clicked by a user with publishing permissions.
When you've made any changes to a playlist, the "publish" button will appear to a user with publishing permissions as seen below.
(visible to ONLY the approver) Click the publish button to make the playlist live on your screens linked to that playlist.