Make sure your audience never misses an event.
Our Events App allows you to display upcoming events to your audience in a way that is sure to capture their attention. Make it your own with customizable backgrounds and the ability to integrate with Google Calendar. Here's how to use it:
Adding the Events App
- Log in to your TelemetryTV account and navigate to the "Apps" page.
- Click the "Create" button to launch the application list.
- Search for "Events" in the bottom right of the application list, then select the Events App.
Configuring your Events App
The "Events Properties" section is where you can customize how the app looks. Your settings can be edited once you click "Create", so don't be afraid to test out different things. Let's go through the different options and look at some examples.
- First, give your Events App a name in the "Label" section.
Show Upcoming Events
The Events App defaults to displaying the event that is the soonest (either current or coming up next). If you turn on "Show Upcoming Events", a list of your other events will display on the right side in order. The images below show this option both off and on.
Select the font you'd like to use to display your Events.
Click the box below "App Background" to launch the background selection modal. Here, you can choose from several options:
- Photos / Videos: Select a background from our preloaded library of images and videos.
- Color: Select a color for the background. Add a gradient overlay to give it some movement.
- Custom: Use a media file from your media repository.
There are two ways to add events.
1. Manually in the properties menu
At the bottom of the properties menu, you will see an "Add Event" button. Use this to add multiple events. You can specify the name, location, date, and whether or not the event is recurring. You can also edit and delete events once they've been added.
2. Using a .ICS File URL
By using an .ICS URL you can sync your events app with a live, cloud-based calendar such as Google Calendar or Office 365.
Generating your .ICS from Office365
- Log into your 365 account (The default login is portal.office.com)
- Go to your calendar app by selecting the "Calendar" option under "Use the online apps"
- On the top right of the calendar page click the settings icon
- Open up the "My app settings" section and click the "Calendar" link
- Under the the "Calendar" section select "Publish Calendar"
- Select the calendar that you would like to import into Zola Suite and give "Full details" permission
- Click the ICS link. This will download the ICS file needed
Syncing your Google Calendar to the Events App.
Toggling on "Create events from calendar" will give you the option to enter an iCalendar URL:
Find your Secret Address in iCal format. In Google Calendar, you can find this under "Settings."
The Events App will now automatically update based on the events in your calendar.