Make sure your audience never misses an event.
Our Events App allows you to display upcoming events to your audience in a way that is sure to capture their attention. Make it your own with customizable backgrounds and the ability to integrate with Google Calendar. Here's how to use it:
Adding the Events App
- Log in to your TelemetryTV account and navigate to the "Apps" page.
- Click the "Create" button to launch the application list.
- Search for "Events" in the bottom right of the application list, then select the Events App.
Configuring your Events App
The "Events Properties" section is where you can customize how the app looks. Your settings can be edited once you click "Create", so don't be afraid to test out different things. Let's go through the different options and look at some examples.
- First, give your Events App a name in the "Label" section.
Show Upcoming Events
The Events App defaults to displaying the event that is the soonest (either current or coming up next). If you turn on "Show Upcoming Events", a list of your other events will display on the right side in order. The images below show this option both off and on.
Select the font you'd like to use to display your Events.
Click the box below "App Background" to launch the background selection modal. Here, you can choose from several options:
- Photos / Videos: Select a background from our preloaded library of images and videos.
- Color: Select a color for the background. Add a gradient overlay to give it some movement.
- Custom: Use a media file from your media repository.
There are two ways to add events.
1. Manually in the properties menu
At the bottom of the properties menu, you will see an "Add Event" button. Use this to add multiple events. You can specify the name, location, date, and whether or not the event is recurring. You can also edit and delete events once they've been added.
2. Syncing your Google Calendar to the Events App.
Toggling on "Create events from calendar" will give you the option to enter an iCalendar URL:
Find your Secret Address in iCal format. In Google Calendar, you can find this under "Settings."
The Events App will now automatically update based on the events in your calendar.