The Menu App is a great way to avoid printing menus, keep your customers engaged, or let your organization know what's available for lunch.
Our Menu App is easy to set up, customizable, and features three different menu styles. Here's how it's done:
Adding the Menu App
- Log in to your TelemetryTV account and navigate to the "Apps" page.
- Click the "Create" button to launch the application list.
- Search for "Menu" in the bottom right of the application list, then select the Menu App.
Configuring your Menu App
There are three different menu styles, for which the set up differs. Let's go through each one.
The text menu features an overlay box, the option to add several columns, and a background. ⤵️
- The Menu Title appears at the top of the menu.
- When you "Click to Edit", a modal will open where you can add columns, add categories to each column, and drag and drop between columns.
- For each item, you have the option to add several prices, a description, and a price unit (e.g. /lb or /dozen).
- You have the option to toggle on "Hide Item" if you need to quickly hide an item until it is back in stock.
- Once you organize your columns and items, exit the modal.
- Now, you can select the currency in which you'd like the items to display. (If you don't see your currency, send us a message!)
- Select your font and background to customize the look of the menu.
- Hide the background box if you would like to get rid of the dark overlay box behind the text.
- Select a transition interval. Your menu will dynamically cycle through items in each column if the column exceeds the height of the overlay box.
Screenshot from the Text Menu Style's "Edit Menu" Modal:
The photo option allows you to display images of your items with a description and price. It features three items at a time and cycles through based on a transition interval that you set. ⤵️
This option is the same as the Photo Large, but with six images in a grid layout on screen. These both have the same configuration options which I will outline below. ⤵️
Configuring the Photo Styles
Unlike the Text Style, the Photo Style menus do not have a menu editor modal that opens. Instead, you add the menu items in a list by clicking "Add Item". You can drag-and-drop to reorder items.
All other settings under each item are the same as those that appear in the text style menu (see above).
Previewing and Editing
When you have finished configuring your Menu App, click Create. You are able to preview the app by selecting it in your App Library and clicking the "Preview" tab on the right hand side. You can edit the Menu at any time by clicking "Details".