iOS Hardware Information
What devices does this include?
iPad devices running iOS 12.2 or higher
What are the advantages of these devices?
- Easy to pair
- Widely available
What are the disadvantages of these devices?
- Not ideal for deploying at scale
- Will not launch the app automatically
- Very limited cache storage. Unable to reliably play video content.
iOS Software Setup
What are the steps for setting up these devices?
Pairing the Device
- Download the TelemetryTV iOS App to your device from the Apple App Store
- Open the app. Once it loads, you'll see a six digit pairing code.
- On your computer, navigate to the Devices page on your TelemetryTV account.
- Click "Pair", and enter the pairing code you see on your device.
Setting up Guided Access
The Guided Access setting limits your iPad to a single app and lets you control which features are available. Here's how to set it up:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
- Turn on Guided Access.
- Tap Passcode Settings, then tap Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Enter a passcode, then reenter it. From here, you can also turn on Face ID or Touch ID as a way to end a Guided Access session.
- Open the TelemetryTV App on your iPad, then triple-click the Home button.
- If you want parts of your screen to stop responding to touch, use one finger to circle those areas. You can move or resize the circle, or tap the X to remove it.
- Tap Start. Your iPad is now in Guided Access mode.
You can also control which features are available in Guided Access mode. To control what features are available:
- To turn off features or set a time limit, triple-click the Home or side button, then tap Options. If you don't see Options, triple-click the Home or side button again and enter your passcode.
- Turn on the options that you want, then tap Done.
Here's how to exit Guided Access mode:
- Triple-click the Home button or side button, enter your Guided Access passcode, then tap End. Or if you turned on Touch ID or Face ID for Guided Access, double-click the Home or side button.
Important Notes on Using iOS
- The iOS app is limited to 50MB of cache storage. We recommend not displaying any videos if you're displaying them on iOS. If you need to, the videos will have to be very small.
- There is no way on iOS to auto-launch an app.