You can use a single ChromeOS device to power 2 screens. In this article, you'll learn:
- What Chrome device you should use for a video wall
- How to enable Video Wall functionality on your ChromeOS device
- How to set up your TelemetryTV playlist to display on your video wall
What device should I use?
We recommend using the Chromebox CBX1 or Chromebox Commercial to power your video wall. Both of these devices are powerful enough to run content on dual screens.
Setting up the hardware is quite simple. Once your display screens are ready, take two HDMI cables and connect them both to your Chrome device. Then, connect the other ends to the two screens. Your set up will look like this:
Enabling Video Wall Functionality
☝️ Important note: If you're using a ChromeOS device, you'll need to first make sure you've followed the instructions in our ChromeOS Deployment Guide to enroll your devices, set them up as kiosks, and provision them to TelemetryTV.
To enable Video Wall Functionality, you'll need to log in to your Google Admin account and follow these steps:
- Navigate to Device Management > Chrome Management > Apps & Extensions
- Click the "KIOSKS" tab and select "TelemetryTV Media Player App"
- Toggle "Enable Unified Desktop (Beta)" to the on position:
This will enable this setting for all kiosks in that organization. (Not to worry if you have devices powering 1 screen--nothing will change for them!)
Configuring your Playlist
To configure your playlist so you can create your content for a 1x2 video wall, you'll need to follow these steps:
- In your TelemetryTV account, navigate to the playlists section and open the playlist you'd like to use (or create a new one).
- Click the "Configuration" tab at the top of the playlist editor.
- Under "Aspect Ratio", select the "Custom" option and set the aspect ratio to 32:9
- Go back to the Playlist tab and you'll notice the playlist page is configured as a double-wide screen!
- Use Playlist Zones to distribute your content on the screen.
Check out this video to see how it's done:
Now, all you need to do is link your playlist to your device, and you're ready to start displaying your awesome content on your video wall!