You can use a single ChromeOS device to power 3 screens with the help of a Matrix device (aka a splitter or Video Wall Processor). In this article, you'll learn:
- What hardware you should use to set up this video wall
- How to enable Video Wall functionality on your ChromeOS device
- How to set up your TelemetryTV playlist to create content for your 1x3 screen video wall
What hardware should I use?
We recommend using the CTL Chromebox CBX1 to power your video wall.
You'll also need a Matrix device. We recommend using a 3 Port USB-C to HDMI Splitter like this one.
To set up the hardware, you'll connect the splitter to your Chromebox via the USB-C port and then use 3 HDMI cables to connect the splitter to each screen. Your set up will look something like this:
Enabling Video Wall Functionality
☝️ Important note: If you're using a ChromeOS device, you'll need to first make sure you've followed the instructions in our ChromeOS Deployment Guide to enroll your devices, set them up as kiosks, and provision them to TelemetryTV.
To enable Video Wall Functionality, you'll need to log in to your Google Admin account and follow these steps:
- Navigate to Device Management > Chrome Management > Apps & Extensions
- Click the "KIOSKS" tab and select "TelemetryTV Media Player App"
- Toggle "Enable Unified Desktop (Beta)" to the on position:
This will enable this setting for all kiosks in that organization. (Not to worry if you have devices powering 1 screen--nothing will change for them!)
Configuring your Playlist
To configure your playlist so you can create your content for a 1x3 video wall, you'll need to follow these steps:
- In your TelemetryTV account, navigate to the playlists section and open the playlist you'd like to use (or create a new one).
- Click the "Configuration" tab at the top of the playlist editor.
- Under "Aspect Ratio", select the "Custom" option and set the aspect ratio to 48:9
- Go back to the Playlist tab and you'll notice the playlist page is configured as a triple-wide screen!
- Get started creating your content for your video wall! Use the Playlist Zones feature to create layouts for your screens.
Check out this video to see how it's done:
Once you've created your playlist, all you need to do is link your playlist to your device, and you're ready to start displaying your beautiful content on your video wall!