The TelemetryTV platform makes it easy for you to set up content for video walls of any size.
A video wall refers to a setup of 2 or more display screens that are powered by a single device. Our customers from all sorts of industries use video walls to really wow their audience with eye-catching content.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to calculate your video wall's aspect ratio
- How to configure your playlist's aspect ratio so you can create content for your own custom video wall
- How to use Playlist Zones to distribute your content onto different screens in your video wall
☝️Hang on! If you don't have a video wall set up yet, you should read this first: Getting Started with Video Walls.
In order to configure your playlist for your video wall, you'll need to calculate the aspect ratio of your video wall.
The aspect ratio refers to the relative width and height of your video wall layout.
The aspect ratio of a common display screen is 16:9. If you decide to flip your display vertically (portrait orientation), the aspect ratio would be 9:16.
You'll need to multiply the 16:9 aspect ratio in order to calculate the aspect ratio for your video wall. To give you some examples, I'll attach some images below of common video wall layouts to show their aspect ratios:
A 1 x 2 video wall like this has an aspect ratio of 32:9 ⤵️
A 1 x 3 video wall like this has an aspect ratio of 48:9 ⤵️
A 2 x 2 video wall like this maintains an aspect ratio of 16:9 ⤵️
This 1 x 3 video wall with screens oriented vertically has an aspect ratio of 27:16 ⤵️
Configuring your Playlist's Aspect Ratio
Once you've calculated your video wall's aspect ratio, you'll need to configure your playlist to match.
Follow these steps:
- In your TelemetryTV account, navigate to the Playlists section and open the playlist you'd like to use for your video wall (or create a new one).
- Click the "Configuration" tab at the top of the playlist editor.
- Under "Aspect Ratio", select the "Custom" option and set the aspect ratio for your video wall. (If you don't know it, please refer to the section above!)
- Go back to the Playlist tab and you'll notice the playlist page is configured in the same layout as your video wall.
Now, it's time to get creative and start adding content to your video wall playlist.
Using Playlist Zones for Video Walls
TelemetryTV's Playlist Zones feature allows you to segment your playlist pages into different sections and display multiple pieces of content on a single playlist page.
This feature is very useful for playlist zones. It will allow you to split your page into sections to have different pieces of content display on different screens in your video wall.
For example, if your video wall layout is a grid of 2x2 screens, you could use the following zone layout to display different content on each screen:
To demonstrate how this is done, we have filmed three videos showing how you would use zones for common video wall layouts:
1 x 2 Video Wall
1 x 3 Video Wall
2 x 2 Video Wall