Google Admin allows you to set up scheduled device reboots to force ChromeOS devices to reboot daily or after a specified number of days.
This setting can be applied within Google Admin by following this path:
- Devices > Chrome > Settings > Device Settings
- Select the OU to which you'd like to apply the setting on the left side.
- With "Device Settings" selected at the top, scroll down through the settings to the Power and shutdown section.
- Under Scheduled reboot, enter the number of days you'd like to have between reboots. (i.e. 1 for daily, 2 for every two days)
- Click Save to apply changes.
☝️ A note from Google on this feature: Allows you to specify the number of days after which a device restarts. Sometimes, the device might not restart at the same time of day or the restart might be postponed until the next time a user signs out. If a session is running, then a grace period of up to 24 hours applies.