What if you could get all of your daily online news without having to search through a million different websites?
That's what RSS feeds are for.
RSS feeds, or Really Simple Syndication, is an easy way for busy internet dwellers to receive their favourite online content from various online publications, blogs, and other websites without having to subscribe email newsletters.
RSS allows API's to easily interpret, represent and stylize data in a live stream through breaking down the metadata of a Website or Database and can pull information such as a Title/Subtitle, Date, Publisher, URLs or images such as PNG, GIF or JPEG.
Adding the RSS App
- Log in to your TelemetryTV account and navigate to the "Playlists" tab in the lefthand toolbar.
- Search for "RSS" in the bottom right of the application list (right of the page preview), then select the RSS App.
Once selected, the RSS Properties will appear on the right hand side. From here:
- Choose whether to share the app or not
- Add the RSS feed URL of your choosing.
- One at a time: display one feed and then advance the playlist to the next page
- Enter a transition interval to determine the time between content displaying.
☝️Important Note: Depending on your RSS feed reader, finding the URL can be tricky. Refer to your RSS feed reader directly for detailed instructions on how to pull a website's RSS feed URL.
The TelemetryTV RSS reader then interprets and renders the RSS categories of the data stream, representing the Title, Description, Author, Image and Publication Date of the item(s).
Once ready, click "Create".
You can preview your newly added RSS feed and update its details from the app menu on the right hand side.
Now, it's ready to add to your playlist and start sharing with your audience!
💡 Pro tip: Alternatively, Telemetry can interpret RSS feeds on your playlists by using the Tickertape tab. This feature allows you to add an RSS feed as a scrolling message across all playlist pages.