View online websites the way they were designed to be seen - in clear, pristine high definition picture quality.
Add the Website App on your TelemetryTV displays to view, and navigate through, online websites.
Adding the Website App
- Log in to your TelemetryTV account and navigate to the "Apps" page.
- Click the "Create" button to launch the application list.
- Search for "website" in the bottom right of the application list, and select the Website app.
Configuring the Website App
Once you select the Website App, you will see a list of Website Properties on the right which you will need to configure.
- Add a name for your app in the Label section.
- Paste the URL of the web page you'd like to display in the URL section.
There are two different options for "Embed Modes"; Live Webpage or Capture as Image. Let's go over each of them and what they do:
Selecting "Live Webpage" will display your webpage live. If you have any dynamic elements on your page such as moving images or a slideshow, you should pick this option.
Capture as Image
This option will take a screenshot of your webpage which will be displayed on your screen. The screenshot will update depending on the refresh interval set by you.
There's a few more options to configure with the "Capture with Image" embed mode:
- Select a Size based on the screen resolution on which you will be displaying the webpage.
- Select a Refresh Interval to determine how often you'd like the app to take a new snapshot of your webpage.
- Delay refers to the time the system waits to take the snapshot once the page has rendered. Some webpages don't show the content right away depending on the make up of the page, so if you are noticing problems with the screenshots you can delay by a few seconds to ensure it captures the content correctly. We recommend starting with a delay of 0, and testing it out to see what works for your page.
☝️ Important note: With this embed mode, you will need to have at least 1 other page in the playlist when displaying the webpage. Even if a new screenshot is captured, it will not update unless the playlist flips to another page, then back to your Website App page.
HTTP vs HTTPS content
There are limitations on the URLs you can use on the website app depending on whether or not the content is secure. HTTP content is insecure, while HTTPS is secure.
If you would like to display an HTTP site as a Live Webpage, you can do so if you are deploying with the Electron app (Linux, Windows, MacOS). HTTP sites will not display on Android or ChromeOS when you select Live Webpage.
You can use HTTP sites with the capture image option on any operating system.
Alternatively, you can proxy your HTTP content to HTTPS content for free by using something like cloudflare.com
💡 Pro tip: You should always use HTTPS anyhow. We recommend getting your sites on HTTPS and do not use HTTP, it’s insecure!
Login Name and Password
If you are displaying content that resides behind a login, you can now enter your username and password for the website to have our player log you in.
☝️ Important note: This will not work if you use a login from a third-party website to access the website you would like to display (OAuth). For example, if you login via Facebook or Google+. The credentials you use must be set up through the website.
When you're ready - click "CREATE." Your Website App will be added to your App library and is ready to share with your audience.