Have you been in a situation where you need to notify your audience immediately?
Overrides let you take over a playlist on a temporary basis. Any content from TelemetryTV (Media, Boards or Apps) as well as a textual alert or informational message can be used as content for an override. Only one piece of content can be displayed as an override at one time.
Adding an Override
Navigate to the "Overrides" menu from your left-hand toolbar and click on "Overrides".
Click "Create" to create your override. You will see the following view. Let's select "Alert" to go through an example:
Configuring your Override
- Give your override a name
- Configure settings like alert message, font, icon, and background colour, alert sound (these options are only required with default overrides).
- You will need to choose a filter to display your override by selecting one of the following under Override By:
1. Desktop- This can be used to preview your override on your desktop or display the override on all your employees desktops that are set up with a "view only" account. To preview your override navigate to and click on "Play" from your left-hand toolbar.
2. Tag- In "Devices" you can add a tag to each device under "Settings". Enter the
same tag and the selected override will display on all devices with that tag.
3. Organization- Select the Organization of devices you'd like the override to appear on. If you've created sub-organizations for your devices, you can limit the override to one. Note that you cannot apply an override to the Root Organization, so you must move devices into a sub-folder in order to use this feature.
4. Device- You can manually select the devices that you want to display the override, based on the name, model, location and description.
Now the important part - scheduling. Let's go over the different scheduling options:
The override will take over your screens as soon as you click "Save." To stop the override, you will need to pause the override from the overrides menu. Here's how:
This allows you to schedule the override for a specific date and time. For example, you can use this to display a notice about a Public Assembly at a specific time. Once the scheduled option is selected, fields to select a start and end date will appear.
Manual overrides start out paused, and you must manually un-pause them to apply the override. You can create overrides for alerts like an earthquake, fire, or other emergency, and have them available to quickly enable when needed. You can pause and un-pause your manual override from the main overrides menu.
Recurring overrides will be shown repeatedly on an interval and duration specified by yourself. They are useful for placing messages that must be shown on a regular recurring basis. For example, you could set a recurring override to let people know the library is closing soon. Once the "recurring" option is selected, fields to select a start and end date will appear.
When you're finished, click "Save" to create your override. You can preview and edit the details of your overrides from the main overrides menu.
💡 Pro tip: Create a scheduled override with a Notice App to ensure your audience sees your important announcement at the right time.