This article describes an alternate way of installing TelemetryTV on Windows 10. We generally recommend using our player application but sometimes you may want to just run the bare TelemetryTV Progressive Web Application (PWA) under Windows instead of the more full featured application. Please note that this has several limitations compared to the more robust player but it can work in certain circumstances and is easy to get up and going quickly.
Using Microsoft Edge lockdown mode allows you to launch the TelemetryTV Player as a Kiosk on your Windows Device by using the command line. By using your TelemetryTV provisioning URL you can also configure automatic provisioning for the device.
To launch Edge with the PWA you'll need a command line like the following (replace the below example URL with the provisioning URL you obtain from the TelemetryTV management interface).
msedge.exe --kiosk player.telemetrytv.com/provisioning/bdc123abc123abc123abc --edge-kiosk-type=fullscreen --no-first-run
Configuring your Window Device for Kiosk Mode
It's quite easy to setup Windows to automatically boot in to a kiosk mode with Microsoft Edge and running the TelemetryTV Progressive Web Application. The following steps lead you through how to do this.
Note: You will need to ensure that your Windows Device is running version 1909 or greater
If you do not have Microsoft edge, download the app at the following link: Microsoft Edge Stable channel. Please not that only versions 89 or higher are compatible with Kiosk Mode.
On your kiosk computer open Windows Settings and search for "kiosk". This should allow you to ”Set up a kiosk (assigned access)” as follows
3. On the “Set up a kiosk page” select Get started.
4. Next, you can create a new designated kiosk account or choose an existing account.
5. Select Microsoft Edge as your Kiosk App on the next page
6. Select "As a digital sign or interactive display"
7. Select Next.
8. Copy and Paste your TelemetryTV provisioning URL which can can obtain from https://app.telemetrytv.com/settings/provisionings in your TelemetryTV App.
9. Set Idle Time as “Never”
10. Click Next.
11. Close the Settings window.
12. Sign out from the kiosk device and sign in with the local kiosk account to launch your TelemetryTV Kiosk.